Cabbage Crumbs, Sausage and Black-Eyed PeasHoje para Jantar
In this recipe, julienned cabbage is first sauteed until tender, then quickly stir-fried with garlic for added flavor before mixing with the sausage meat, black-eyed peas, and cornbread (a veritable Southern classic trio if there ever was one), the cornbread providing the "crumbs" in the dish. You can use any type of cooked sausage besides the game variety called for here, and other types of beans, and even baked beans.
- kale (or cabbage)
- olive oil (or peanut oil)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 sausages (game)
- 2 tablespoons black-eyed peas (baked)
- 2 slices cornbread
- 1Julienne the cabbage
- 2Heat the the wok on the stove. When it is very hot, add a trickle of peanut oil.
- 3Saute the cabbage for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove the cabbage from the wok, and set aside.
- 5Add the chopped garlic and fry until it begins to release its aroma.
- 6Add the cabbage again.
- 7Remove the skin from the sausage and mash the meat with a fork. Add it to the cabbage. Add the beans and crumbled bread.
- 8Mix well and serve.