A quintessential comfort soup: a silky, bone broth studded with rice wild, chicken, carrots, and mushrooms all gluten, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut free! Recipe from Allergy Awesomenss: http://www.allergyawesomeness.com/chicken-mushroom-wild-rice-soup-gf-df-egg-peanuttree-nut-free/
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (small, diced finely)
- 5 1/2 cups less sodium chicken broth (Be sure to read labels for your diet as each brand can range significantly. I make a homemade chicken bone broth for mine.)
- 3 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks (we can't do celery, so we omitted this)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (be sure it's wheat free!)
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup long grain rice (& wild rice combo *see note)
- 1 package button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Tofutti Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Put olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute until soft. Add chicken broth,chicken bouillon, wild rice mix ,and mushrooms and simmer on low, covered 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is softened. Bring to a quick boil and add in the slurry of chicken broth and cornstarch. Boil for one minute and then reduce heat back to low. Add shredded chicken and sour cream. Adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed and serve.
- NOTES: * I've been lucky enough to find a wheat free wild rice mix that has seasonings already mixed in at my local Winco that does not have wheat in it. If you cannot find a mix, I've also made it with just plain wild rice. You could add 1 tsp of each of the following: garlic, onion, and parsley to make up for no seasonings, if you wish.
|Calories340Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.