This dish is exceptionally easy to make and worth every second. That said, there is one thing to note: Be careful when checking the chicken for doneness. The tomatoes will likely drip into the chicken. If you cut into the chicken or poke it with a f…
rk to test for doneness, be sure it’s not the liquid from the tomatoes making the chicken look pink even if it’s not.
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed)
- sea salt
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes (canned, drained, diced ﬁ re-, or ﬁre-roasted tomatoes with garlic)
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (ﬁnely slivered, or more to taste, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When it’s hot, lightly mist the skillet with spray and immediately add the chicken side by side to the pan so it does not touch. Cook the chicken just until it is golden brown on the outsides, 1 to 2 minutes per) side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top each piece of chicken evenly with about 2 table¬spoons of the tomatoes, followed by about 1/2 ounce of the cheese. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the chicken until it is no longer pink inside and the cheese is melted, 5 to 9 minutes. Top evenly with the basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
|Calories210Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.