- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (Diamond, + 1/4 tsp. + 1/4 tsp.)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (+ 1/8 tsp.)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (+ 1-1/2 Tbsp.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound pasta (choice*)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (+ 1 Tbsp. + 1-1/2 Tbsp.)
- 1 onion (medium, about 1 cup, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (according to taste)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (drinking quality)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (+ additional broth if needed for gravy consistency)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Combine 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and 3 Tbsp. flour on a sheet of wax paper or a paper plate. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Set aside. Start a large pot of lightly salted water on high heat.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter, 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add 1 Tbsp. butter, 1/4 tsp. salt, onions and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, till beginning to brown. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Stir in 1-1/2 Tbsp. flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper. Add wine, let it bubble up, then stir up any brown bits at bottom of pan. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Cook 3-4 minutes, or till gravy consistency is reached, adding additional broth if needed. Put chicken back in pan, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low.
- In the meantime, add pasta to water when it boils, and stir often to keep it from sticking together. When pasta is cooked according to your taste, drain in a colander, then return to pot and toss with 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Serve chicken with pasta, and a green salad if desired.
|Calories460Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.