- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 1/3 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries (sweetened)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and line the bottoms and sides with 2 layers of parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar and almond extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined. Add the sour cream, taking care not to over-beat.
- Combine the sifted flours in a bowl. Stir into the egg mixture. Stir in the ground almonds, orange juice and cranberries. Divide the batter among the prepared pans, smoothing the top with a spatula. Tap the pans on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour 20 mins. Cover the loaves loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking. Cool in pans for 10 mins. Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with sifted powdered sugar.