If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Butterscotch Glazed Molly Cake is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 125 grams apples (grated)
- 150 milliliters water
- 40 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon spices
- 45 grams flour (whole grain)
- 250 grams dried fruit (varied)
- 25 grams almond flour
- 40 milliliters orange juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- In a saucepan, heat grated apple and water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and mix with yeast and spices.
- Add dried fruit and almond flour and mix well.
- Stir in apple and orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Spread batter in pan about 18 cm (approximately 7 inches) and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- For the butterscotch, prepare all ingredients and set in place.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Just before it melts, add sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves.
- Stir constantly until mixture bubbles and forms "lava" texture (about 3-4 minutes).
- Stir in cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer over low heat.
- When caramel is uniform, increase heat and beat every few minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a heat-resistant bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in vanilla extract and season with salt.
- To serve, glaze cake with butterscotch.