Butternut Squash and Tomato SoupEl invitado de invierno
Warm and savory, this Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup makes a great wintertime lunch or dinner entree, especially when served with hot and melty grilled cheese sandwiches. Roasted before being blended, the butternut squash, tomato, and garlic have a rich savory flavor. Blended until smooth and creamy, the vegetable soup is flavored with Ras el hanout seasoning to taste and heated until ready to serve. Low in calories, this Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup is also vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan.
- 1 butternut squash (medium-small, unpeeled and quartered)
- 5 tomatoes (halved)
- 5 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- olive oil
- 1 onions
- 8 ounces water
- 1/2 tablespoon spices (ras al hanout)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Place the butternut squash, tomatoes, and garlic cloves on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over them.
- 3Wrap the whole onion in aluminum foil. Add everything to the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Check the garlic cloves after about 10 minutes and remove them first.
- 4Once the vegetables are roasted, peel the garlic and the squash.
- 5Add all the vegetables plus the juice in the pan into a blender along with the water and blend until fine.
- 6Pour the blended mixture into a pot. Stir in the ras al hanout and salt to taste. Heat for about 5 to 6 minutes until hot and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.