Butternut Squash and Ricotta TartOn dine chez Nanou
Roasting turns butternut squash into a nicely caramelized topping for a quick and easy tart using frozen puff pastry as the crust. Whenever possible, look for all-butter versions of puff pastry, such as by DuFours; it has a superior taste and texture to other varieties. You may also want to seek out fresh varieties of ricotta cheese for its superior flavor. With just seven ingredients, it pays to go with the best quality you can find of each.
- 1 butternut squash (600 grams)
- fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 package puff pastry (storebought)
- 1 container ricotta cheese (250 grams)
- 30 grams pinenuts
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Peel the butternut squash.
- 3Cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut it in thin slices.
- 4Arrange slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of thyme, olive oil and sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 7Roll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- 8Fit in a pie dish.
- 9Prick the bottom of the the pie lightly with a fork.
- 10Using a teaspoon, spread the ricotta over the bottom of the pie.
- 11Top with butternut squash slices.
- 12Sprinkle with pine nuts and thyme.
- 13Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- 14Bake for about 20-25 minutes until browned.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1100Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.