Butternut Squash and Ricotta LasagnaOn dine chez Nanou
Layers of lasagna, sandwiched between butternut squash and ricotta, baked to perfection. Now you can enjoy this tasty Italian meal for any lunch or dinner. Cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese add to your experience.
- 1 1/2 kilograms butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 grams ricotta
- 120 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 220 grams mozzarella cheese
- ground nutmeg
- 30 grams butter
- 15 sage leaves
- 200 milliliters vegetable broth
- 100 grams grated parmesan cheese
- lasagne (Fresh, sheets)
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Peel and cut the squash, drizzle with oil, season with salt and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with pepper.
- 3Bake until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- 4Reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees.
- 5Combine ricotta, cream, egg yolks, mozzarella and a pinch of nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
- 6Season with salt.
- 7Melt the butter in a small pan. Once it starts to sizzle, add the sage and saute until slightly crispy on the edges, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Place the squash in a medium sized bowl and mash one half with the back of a wooden spoon.
- 9Cut the other half in small pieces. Combine and stir gently.
- 10Gently incorporate the butter- sage and the broth to get desired consistency.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Grease a baking dish, place a layer of lasagna noodles and top with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- 13Add a layer of noodles. Top with half of the squash mixture.
- 14Repeat the layers, ending with the ricotta.
- 15Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 16Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 17Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.