Layers of lasagna, sandwiched between butternut squash and ricotta, baked to perfection. Now you can enjoy this tasty Italian meal for any lunch or dinner. Cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese add to your experience.
- 1.5 kilograms butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 grams ricotta
- 120 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 220 grams mozzarella cheese
- ground nutmeg
- 30 grams butter
- 15 sage leaves
- 200 milliliters vegetable broth
- 100 grams grated parmesan cheese
- lasagne (Fresh, sheets)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and cut the squash, drizzle with oil, season with salt and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with pepper.
- Bake until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees.
- Combine ricotta, cream, egg yolks, mozzarella and a pinch of nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
- Season with salt.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Once it starts to sizzle, add the sage and saute until slightly crispy on the edges, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the squash in a medium sized bowl and mash one half with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cut the other half in small pieces. Combine and stir gently.
- Gently incorporate the butter- sage and the broth to get desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking dish, place a layer of lasagna noodles and top with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- Add a layer of noodles. Top with half of the squash mixture.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the ricotta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Latoya H. 7 Jul 2015
This recipe has given me a whole new outlook on lasagna. The butternut squash gave it a great texture with a buttery flavor and the ricotta was thick and creamy.