- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (divided)
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 11 ounces butternut squash (diced)
- 8 ounces kale (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (in water)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces butternut squash (purée, thawed from frozen package)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Begin heating the vegetable stock on medium heat in a saucepan. Bring the stock to a simmer then remove from heat and set aside.
- Attach the KitchenAid® Stir Tower to the KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker, then set to the Risotto setting. *Do not lock the Stir Tower in place for the first step of sauté. Add the grape seed oil, diced butternut squash and chopped kale. Cook for 15 minutes with the lid on, or until butternut squash is soft but still firm. Mix occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon. Remove from the Multi-Cooker and place in a bowl, set aside.
- Keep the Multi-Cooker on the sauté setting and lock in the Stir Tower place on LOW (1) setting. Add in the unsalted butter, let it melt, then add in the diced onion. Cook for 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Add in the Arborio rice, ground sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the white wine and let it cook for an additional 3 minutes. Then change the setting on the Multi-Cooker to step 2 (simmer). Add in 1/2 cup of warm vegetable stock and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then add in the butternut squash pureé. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. After that, add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock 5 minutes later and the last 1/2 cup of vegetable stock 5 minutes after that. Let it cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn the Stir Tower off and unlock it. Add in the cooked diced butternut squash and kale as well as the Parmesan cheese. Mix well with a spoon and divide evenly among plates. Enjoy immediately.