Carrot cake is usually the healthy dessert option for many. This recipe for Butternut Squash “Carrot” Cake is the not-so-healthy version. It takes 105 minutes to prepare this decadent cake that serves four. It is perfect for dessert after an intimat…
party with friends. Serve it with coffee for a hearty dessert. This recipe combines sweet butternut squash with aromatic spices to create a rich cake that everyone will enjoy.
- 230 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 ginger (teaspoonground)
- 220 grams brown sugar
- 1 orange
- 260 grams butternut squash (grated)
- 80 grams raisins
- 100 grams ground hazelnuts
- 3 eggs
- 155 milliliters sunflower oil
- 25 grams softened butter
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 75 grams icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and ginger, sugar, zest, grated butternut squash, raisins and hazelnuts.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs and gradually add the oil.
- Add this mixture into the first bowl and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for one hour, until a knife blade inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, with an electric mixer, cream the softened butter.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, then add the orange juice and keep beating.
- Frost the cake with a spatula or decorate with a pastry bag. Let it cool.
|Calories1280Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.