- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces butternut squash (uncooked, peeled and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes*)
- 1/2 vidalia onion (large uncooked, cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 apple (small fresh, peeled and cut into to 2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
T 6 days ago
It tastes delicious! I ate it in good conscience because it is a reduced calorie recipe due to the vegetables and fruit are boiled where other recipes suggest roasting the squash. Then there are no added cream or sugars yet the soup is full bodied bursting with flavor. All natural ingredients.
Diane M. 19 Feb
Very good! Going to add a little coconut milk next time.
Lesley R. 28 Aug 2016
One of my favorite easy and healthy recipes. I usually use a whole peeled and cored apple instead of 1/2 (fuji or pink lady seem to compliment the squash the best) and sauté the onion in a little olive oil before adding the other ingredients. Chicken stock works too if you prefer that over veggie broth. You can also add a 1/4 cup of half and half or milk before pureeing for something a little richer.
alice f. 19 Apr 2016
Made this yesterday, added the whole apple and more onion. steamed squash first been they are hard to peel. Very good. Froze some for later.
Linda Z. 17 Feb 2016
Made this yesterday.. Do not like onions added a few carrots and a celery stalk. Came out very good. Will make again.