- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash (chopped, cooked, cubes, about half of medium butternut squash)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups water
- salt (Touch of)
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- Add cooked butternut squash, egg yolk, cinnamon and salt and pepper to a blender or food processor.
- Blend or pulse until thick puree is formed and all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- For the pasta
- Start by creating a deep well in the middle of your flour. Add eggs to the center of the well.
- Using your fork, start in the middle of the well and begin to whisk together the egg and flour gently pulling in more of the flour on the sides. Continue whisking until all the flour has combined with the eggs forming a ball of dough. Use your hands as it begins to get harder to whisk with your fork.
- Adding more flour as needed, split the dough into four separate balls and knead each ball of dough getting out all of the air and flattening until they are leathery in feel and pliable.
- Once done kneading, attach the KitchenAid® Pasta Roller to your Stand Mixer and feed each ball through the roller starting at level 1 and going up to level 3. Your ravioli dough should be a little thicker so it can handle the filling. Once you finish each sheet of pasta, lay it on a parchment lined baking sheet dusted with flour.
- Once all the sheets are completed, detach the Pasta Roller and replace with the KitchenAid® Ravioli Maker. Take a sheet of pasta, fold it in half and slide the folded end into the Ravioli Maker. Take each of the two top ends and lay them over the metal rollers so you can add the filling in between them. Add the filling into the Ravioli Maker and turn the handle to feed the sheets through the attachment and form the ravioli.
- Once you’ve filled all of the ravioli sheets, carefully separate the ravioli along the perforations using a pizza cutter or knife.
- To cook the ravioli, add 4 cups of water and a sprinkle of salt to a pot; bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add ravioli to the pot and cook approximately 3-5 minutes until they float to the top of the water. Remove and drain.
- For the brown butter sauce
- While pasta is cooking, add butter to medium sized pan over medium low heat.
- Allow butter to melt and continue to heat until it begins to brown and you see tiny dark specs in the pan. It will also smell quite nutty. Watch carefully so you don’t burn the butter.
- Once browned, remove from heat.
- Add drained ravioli to butter and toss to completely coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.