A relatively simple recipe, this Butternut Squash Flatbread yields an elegant and flavorful result making it a great option for your next dinner party. The flatbread is made from a mixture of white wine, olive oil, yeast, salt, and spelt flour. Shaped into a rectangle after resting, the flatbread dough is topped with sliced butternut squash rounds. Basted with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, paprika, and cumin, the flatbread is then put into the oven to bake while the butternut squash on top simultaneously roasts and becomes tender.
- 150 grams olive oil
- 150 grams white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 grams yeast
- 500 grams spelt flour
- 1 butternut squash (medium)
- sweet paprika
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, white wine, salt, yeast, and 450 grams of flour. Knead everything together and sprinkle in the remaining 50 grams of flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Let the dough sit to rise a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Turn the dough out onto a board and roll it out into a rectangle about the size of the baking sheet and transfer it onto the sheet. With your fingers, stretch the dough out to cover the sheet and pinch up the sides to make a border all around.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut it into rounds. Place the rounds on top of the dough, baste everything with olive oil, and season to taste with a pinch each of salt, paprika, and cumin.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
|Calories170Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.