Adding bacon to a dish generally makes it better. This recipe for Butternut Cappucino with Bacon is decadent and rich. It is a frothy and flavorful soup that is beautiful when served in glasses with a tablespoon of milk foam on top. This is the perfect palate pleaser for an intimate dinner with friends or family. After dinner, let everyone settle in by the fire, and serve this treat to warm their hearts. We hope you love it!
- 300 grams butternut (peeled)
- 35 grams spring onions (with stems removed)
- 60 grams bacon
- 20 grams butter
- 20 low-fat milk (cl of)
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and chopped bacon.
- Heat until just before boiling, remove it from heat and let it cool, covered so that the bacon infuses in the milk.
- Cut the butternut squash into chunks. In a large saucepan, add the squash, cover with water, add the onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until it is tender.
- Pour the butternut sqaush, butter, and a little of the cooking water into a blender. Mix.
- Add cooking water gradually until you get the desired consistency.
- If you need a little more liquid you can fill with milk flavored with bacon. Season with salt and pepper and set this soup aside.
- Remove the bacon from the milk and pour the milk into a blender. Blend on high until you have a foamy milk.
- Pour the soup into 4 glasses and carefully top with a tablespoon of milk foam.