Butternut SoupOn dine chez Nanou
Soups are a heartwarming, savory way to come in from the cold. This Butternut Soup is decadent, creamy, hearty, and sensational. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this smooth and savory soup. The sweetness of this soup with the creamy and tangy tones will tantalize the taste buds. Everyone will enjoy this decadent soup so much, they will ask for it every time they come in from the cold. It is the perfect winter warm up. Happy cooking!
- 6 figs (fresh)
- 1 1/2 mozzarella cheese (ball of, di buffala)
- fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 20 grams pinenuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, and saute butternut, onion, and pepper.
- 2Brown for about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add tomato pulp, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, and a bit of rosemary.
- 4Cover the vegetables with boiling water.
- 5Add the bouillon cube.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes over medium heat, until the squash is tender.
- 7Put the vegetables in the blender, and gradually fill with the broth to obtain desired consistency.
- 8Check the seasoning. Pour into bowls.
- 9In a frying pan heat a knob of butter, add the pumpkin seeds and some coarse salt.
- 10Fry until golden. Add to soup.
- 11Sprinkle soup with a few pumpkin seeds.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.