- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 baking powder (level tsp)
- 6 sheets gelatin (white)
- 1 mango (halved, peeled, stoned, and diced)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- coconut chips (for decorating)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with 3 tbsp of cold water until stiff and mix in a 1/4 cup of sugar. In another large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1/4 cup of sugar. In another large bowl, mix together the cornstarch, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Sift and fold the dry ingredients gently into the egg yolks. Stir in 1/3 of the egg whites and then gradually fold in the rest.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray (with 1/2 inch sides) lined with parchment paper and bake for about 8 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and carefully turn it out of the tray onto a tea towel sprinkled with sugar. Remove the parchment and roll up the cake and let it cool, covered with the tea towel.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water, then drain it and dissolve it over a double boiler. Add 4 tbsp of buttermilk then, as it begins to thicken, stir in the remaining buttermilk. Remove from the heat and refrigerate for 20 minutes until it begins to gel. Stir in the yogurt, coconut flakes, and mango. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and mix in a 1/2 cup of sugar. Fold the whipped cream into the buttermilk mixture.
- Unroll the cake and spread the buttermilk cream over it, leaving a 1/2 inch margin on the top long side. Roll the cake up from the bottom long side and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve the Swiss roll decorated with coconut chips.
|Calories190Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.