While the homemade buttermilk rolls are split and filled with tuna salad in this recipe, the rolls are delicious filled with any manner of other salads--think egg salad, chicken salad, shrimp salad, etc. Or you could just serve them on their own as an accompaniment to a mea, as is or spread with softened butter. They are worth the extra effort and will fill your kithen with a wonderful aroma.
- 10 grams yeast
- 50 milliliters warm water
- 15 grams sugar
- 230 grams flour
- 100 milliliters buttermilk
- 7 grams lard
- 10 grams salt
- 160 grams canned tuna
- 1/2 red onion
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast with the water, sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the buttermilk, lard, salt, and remaining flour and mix well.
- Mix into a dough ball that is slightly sticky. (If too sticky, add more flour.) Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured pastry board or surface and separate into small circles.
- Place on a lined baking tray and leave to rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Crumble into pieces, and add to a bowl with the onion.
- Add a small amount of mayonnaise.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for up to 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool, cut into slices, and spread generously with the tuna paste.
|Calories290Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.