- 1 quart whole milk
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 pounds chickens (each cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
|Calories2200Calories from Fat1330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Allen H C. 26 Nov 2018
Excellent recipe the fried chicken came out perfectly must have been success no leftovers will use it again. Chicken was tender and juicy... love it..
Casey G. 4 Nov 2018
This recipe is delicious but don’t use coconut flour as it doesn’t work.
Zackary 18 Oct 2018
i added more spices to the flour but it was delicious!
Charles Track 14 Oct 2018
I should've seasoned the flour more. Also should have checked my actual oil temp as the chicken looked perfectly done but some of it was raw in the middle. But otherwise wasn't bad.
Amanda W. 29 Aug 2018
loved it. this is really good.
Mr. kitchen orgy 5 May 2018
The breading is ridiculous good. I did find that the dairy brine left the chicken really salty even after rinsing. I will use this in the future for sure. With less salt.
Alaina N. 31 Dec 2017
I turned out nice a juicy, not very greasy. I did add additional seasoning to the flour mix for extra flavor.
Kyle Jelinek 25 Aug 2017
Great recipe. I added seasoning to the flour also