Ring in the holidays with these delectable Butter and Cinnamon Christmas Cookies. These cookies are crunchy, sweet, and have just the right amount of spice. Made with plenty of butter, these cookies have a rich buttery crunch. Allow the dough to chill for 30 minutes before rolling and shaping so that the cookies hold their shape in the oven. This recipe includes instructions for the preparation of light lemon icing to decorate your cookies. You can also simply sprinkle them with colored sugar for a festive finish.
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 300 grams powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg and cinnamon while constantly beating.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, and add to the butter and egg mixture.
- Cover entirely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stretch the dough between two sheets of waxed paper with a rolling pin.
- Use different shaped cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle the cookie dough with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, on a silicon mat, or baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the icing by beating the egg white with icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Once cooled, ice and decorate the cookies as desired.
|Calories850Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.