Butter CookiesSobre Dulce y Salado
A kid friendly recipe, these Butter Cookies are great fun to decorate and make a great Christmas cookie. Lightly flavored with vanilla, fresh lemon zest, and lemon juice, these cookies have a rich buttery flavor and texture. Dipped into melted chocolate, the cookies can then be decorated as you, or the kiddos, see fit. Sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed candy, the choice is yours. Be sure to refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before rolling out and shaping the cookies.
- 200 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 350 grams white flour
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg whites
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- candy sprinkles
- 1Mix the butter, white flour, sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg white, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Knead until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- 2Form a dough ball, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 3After 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- 4Place the dough on the countertop, flatten it using a rolling pin, and use a cookie mold to form the cookies.
- 5Place the cookies on a cooking tray with a layer of parchment paper on it, and bake for 12 minutes.
- 6Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool off completely.
- 7Melt the chocolate using the microwave and dip the cookies in it.
- 8Cover them with candy sprinkles and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.