Rich in buttery flavor, these cookies are simple and elegant. Drawing inspiration from French butter cookies, this recipe keeps its ingredients simple. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the dough to chill before shaping and baking so that the cookies hold their shape in the oven. Pick your favorite shape of cookie cutter and get to shaping. When the edges have turned golden brown, you will know your cookies are ready.
- 125 milliliters water
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams salted butter
- 500 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a sauce pot, add the water, sugar, and butter. Simmer on low heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Let cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- While stirring with a wooden spoon, add the melted butter mixture. Work the dough until there are no longer lumps of flour. The dough should be soft to the touch.
- Take the dough out and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- On a lightly floured surface, work the dough with your hands a bit to warm up the butter. It will be difficult at first, but it will get easier. Once softened, roll it out as thinly as possible.
- With the help of a cookie cutter, cut the dough and lay the cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 minutes until golden on the edges.
|Calories180Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.