If you enjoy a good sweet treat with your tea or coffee, then this is the recipe for you. Mrs. Lurdes Cookies are sweet, crisp, and perfect for an afternoon snack with your favorite beverage. You can shape them and decorate them any way you wish, but the buttery flavor of these sweet treats are wonderful on their own too. We hope you love them as much as we do.
- 210 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500 grams self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Beat butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- The consistency of the dough will depend on the size of the eggs.
- If dough sticks to hands, add a little more flour and knead dough on a cold surface with floured hands.
- Roll out dough in a thin layer and use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies in any shape, as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve with tea or coffee.