Next time you crave a homemade cookie but are short on time (and inspiration), here's your solution: It calls for just flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, meaning there's never a reason not to bake up a batch (or two). Once the dough is ready, you'll need to roll it out and cut into whatever shapes you prefer (using cookie cutters), chilling the dough as needed if it starts to stick to the work surface.
- 500 grams plain flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Use an electric mixer to mix sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs 1 by 1 until a fluffy cream forms.
- Add flour all at once. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough in a layer about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out the desired shapes.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.