Butter Cookie TwistsLa Cocina de Babel
These butter cookies are fashionably shaped into twists and covered in powdered sugar for an elegant cookie that can accompany afternoon tea or coffee. Featuring subtle vanilla flavor, these butter cookies are made with egg whites, flour, sugar, and butter. You want your cookie dough to be soft, but not sticky. Bake time on these cookies is 13 minutes. Wait until the cookies are completely cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar.
- 115 grams butter (room temperature)
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg whites
- 250 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together until lighter in color.
- 4Add the vanilla extract and egg white.
- 5Blend again.
- 6Beat with the flour and sea salt little by little until you have a dough that is soft but not sticky.
- 7You may use more or less than 250 grams of flour to achieve this consistency.
- 8Pull off sections of the dough about a tablespoon in size.
- 9Roll each section out into a 15-centimeter-long tube.
- 10Fold the dough tube in half and twist it upon itself.
- 11Set upon the baking tray, leaving at least 3 centimeters between each cookie.
- 12Bake about 13 minutes until just turning golden.
- 13Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.