When your sweet tooth is talking and you need something rich, decadent and creamy, then this recipe for Butter Cookie Cheesecake with Salted Butter Caramel will not only satisfy the sweet tooth, it also will create your own personal heaven. This rich recipe combines dark brown sugar with cream cheese for a hearty and succulent cheesecake. Add to that a crunchy butter cookie crumb crust and a dreamy caramel sauce, this is the perfect party pleaser.
- 200 grams butter cookies
- 70 grams butter
- 50 grams sugar
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 600 grams cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 100 grams sugar
- water (1 tbps.)
- 125 milliliters whipping cream
- 30 grams salted butter
- 4 butter cookies
- Cheesecake Preparation:
- In a bowl, crush the butter cookies into small, coarse crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- Mix butter with butter cookies.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- On the bottom part of a springform pan, press out the cookie mixture using a glass.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In another bowl, mix the brown sugar with the cream cheese.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, pour the mixture over the cookie base, spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar on cheesecake.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked, the cake should quiver slightly (after cooling it will harden).
- Remove cheesecake from pan and cool for at least 12 hours.
- Salted Butter Caramel Preparation:
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. The caramel will begin to form when it boils When it turns light brown, remove from heat, add cream, and diced butter. Mix well.
- Hint: the darker the caramel, the more bitter it will be. Cook carefully.
- Let cool.
- Grind the remaining 4 butter cookies into coarse crumbs.
- Remove cheesecake from pan and cover with the salted butter caramel.
- Sprinkle small pieces of butter cookie crumbs in a circle on the top.