- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (cut in 1" - 2" cubes)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 2 medium-large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (coarsely)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups no salt added canned tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chopped cilantro (to garnish, optional)
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
kate Bowser 2 years ago
Loved it! Added a little more chili powder and cayenne to taste - the extra spice was delicious!
Joel S. 2 years ago
Loved this recipe, will definitely make it again. As a student I'm constantly looking for recipes that are "re-heat friendly" and I can safely say that this has saved my exam week.
Olivia S. 3 years ago
Awesome, adapted a little by adding a tablespoon of tandoori paste to marinade and some yoghurt to end product. Yummy. Also added some cauliflower to cook in sauce. 😀
Shannon M. 3 years ago
Delicious. Best butter chicken recipe I have ever tried! I have made this on many occasions. Kid approved
Ethan R. 4 years ago
I really enjoyed this butter chicken curry! It did take a while to prepare, but it was my first time to make homemade Indian food. I used Spice Islands brand Curry Powder, which I am pretty sure is the American name for garam masala (Mixture of Spices). Also, the ingredients included in this brand's spice mixture match up with the ingredients in most garam masalas. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves Indian cuisine. The flavors were also much better after the leftovers sat in the refrigerator a night or two. I served this curry with basmati rice and naan. I will definitely make this again!