Butter BiscuitsO Meu Tempero
Just three ingredients are needed to make these cookies, which live up to their name, as they are nothing but pure buttery goodness. Here they are cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter, but you can use whatever shape you prefer or the occasion calls for. In fact, this dough might just replace your usual sugar cookie dough for making cookie cut outs all year long. They keep well, too, when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 300 grams wheat flour (with yeast)
- 200 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 1Mix the flour and butter together by hand or in a food processor until crumbs form.
- 2Place in a bowl and add the sugar.
- 3Knead until combined and a malleable dough forms. This may take some time.
- 4Keep kneading.
- 5Sprinkle a work surface with flour and roll the dough to about 3mm thick or thinner if desired and cut dough with a cookie cutter.
- 6Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
- 7Bake until golden brown, cool completely before storing.