Burned Cocada - Thermomix RecipeAs receitas lá de casa
This creamy, custardy dessert is similar to creme brulee, with its gloriously browned top, but is made entirely in the Thermomix. The flavor (and nutritional) profile is also updated to include shredded coconut and coconut milk rather than the usual whole milk and/or cream. Once the custard as been cooked, it is sprinkled with brown sugar and caramelized with a kitchen blowtorch; you could do this under a heated broiler, too, watching carefully to avoid scorching.
- 250 grams sugar
- 400 grams water
- 200 grams grated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- brown sugar (for garnish)
- 1Place the sugar and water in the Thermomix cup and set for 10 minutes/speed 1/varoma.
- 2After complete, add the grated coconut and coconut milk and set for 8 minutes/speed 4/194°F and add the eggs through the opening after Thermamix starts running.
- 3Remove the mixture from the Thermomix and spread on a baking sheet. Cool.
- 4Once cool, sprinkle with brown sugar and carmalize using a hand torch.