- onion rings
- 2 white onions (large, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/3 inch rings)
- 1 cup plain greek style yogurt
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs (dried multigrain)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 white onion (small, peeled and coarsely grated, excess liquid squeezed out)
- 1 small carrot (peeled and coarsely grated)
- 1 large egg white (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 slices reduced fat cheese (aged, cut in half)
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. For the onion rings, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the onion rings and yogurt in a medium bowl and mix well until onion is coated. Dip onion slices in breadcrumbs and arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Generously spray with oil. Bake 20-25 mins or until golden-brown and crisp.
- For the burgers, combine ground beef, grated onion, carrot, egg white and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Shape into 4 patties. Spray with oil. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook 2-3 mins each side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Top each patty with a piece of cheese and bake 2 mins, until melted and bubbly.
- Using a 3 1/2 inch round pastry cutter, cut the bread into rounds, then toast. Layer the lettuce, tomato, burgers and barbecue sauce between two bread rounds and serve with onion rings.
|Calories290Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.