BurekHoje para Jantar
Phyllo dough makes the perfect crust for this delicate but filling breakfast pastry. A custardy base is studded with corn, mushrooms, and bacon for a ton of hearty flavor. Yogurt adds a bit of tartness while a sprinkling of herbs gives it a fresh a vibrant touch. Serve this for breakfast to start the day off with a full and fueled body or try it for lunch with a green salad.
- 200 grams fresh mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 slice bacon (belly)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn (canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (Margao, or similar)
- 1 greek yogurt
- 1/2 cheese curds (cottage)
- 1 eggs
- ground black pepper
- 5 sheets phyllo pastry (Pingo Doce if available)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- 3Heat some olive oil in a skillet, and add the chopped garlic and the diced bacon.
- 4Let cook for a minute or two without burning the garlic, until the garlic begins to release its aroma, and the bacon starts to release some fat.
- 5Add the mushrooms, and saute for a few minutes.
- 6Add the peas and corn, and cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes.
- 7Season with salt and the mixture of garlic and herbs.
- 8In a bowl, mix the yogurt, cottage cheese, and egg, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 9Brush a baking tray with oil, or peanut oil.
- 10Spread a sheet of filo dough in the baking tray, leaving the surplus hanging over one side of the tray. Brush again with olive oil. Place another sheet on top of the first sheet of dough, letting the excess dough hang over the opposite side.
- 11Pour in a layer of filling, and spoon bit of yogurt on top.
- 12Spread on another layer of filo pastry, brush with olive oil, and repeat the operation, leaving the last layer of filling and cream yogurt on top.
- 13Fold the ends of the dough up and over, and brush each and brush with olive oil.
- 14Bake for about 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.