Bundt Pan Mega Muffuletta SandwichYUMMLY
Pull out the Bundt pan to make this monster New Orleans-style sandwich perfect for a game day, casual dinner, or multiple weekday lunches. The flavors from the olive salad infuse into the bread and meat over time so this is a great make-ahead recipe. To avoid soggy bread, be sure to thoroughly drain the olive salad before adding it to the sandwich. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 ½- to 10-inch Bundt pan (at least 10-cup capacity) with cooking spray. Place both rolls of dough in pan to create a ring around the center hole. Pinch ends of rolls to connect them. Do not slash dough.
- Bake until bread is browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. (When bread is done, the center should also reach about 200°F on an instant-read thermometer.) Turn bread out of pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely, about 1 ¾ hours. Meanwhile, make olive salad.
- Stir together both kinds of olives, the roasted red peppers, chopped artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, capers, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, parsley, and oregano and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or longer until bread is thoroughly cool.
- With a long serrated knife, cut bread loaf in half crosswise. Using clean kitchen scissors or your fingers, hollow out bread about ½ inch deep from each bread loaf half, leaving 1/3 to ½ inch on the sides. (Save the scooped-out pieces of bread to make fresh breadcrumbs, if you like.)
- Drain olive salad in a fine strainer set over a small bowl. (Save olive oil mixture for dressing green salads.) Scoop olive salad into the hollowed-out bread halves and press it firmly into the bread. Top bottom bread half evenly with cheese and meats, folding as necessary to fit. Cover with arugula. Carefully invert top bread half onto the bottom half, pressing gently. Serve immediately, or wrap sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days. (The flavors get better over time.) Cut into wedges to serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories420Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes