- 1 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- fresh thyme leaves (to taste)
- 1 cup beans (cooked)
- 6 zucchini (round)
- grated parmesan (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a saucepan, add the water, a little bit of salt, and the bulgur wheat.
- Bring to a boil, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes to rest.
- In a frying pan, fry the chopped onion and garlic in a drizzle of olive oil, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, cut in pieces or sliced, and sprinkle with the chopped thyme.
- Saute the mushrooms until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the beans and the bulgur wheat and mix well.
- Season with salt, if necessary.
- Cut the tops of the zucchini, and use a small spoon to remove the pulp, which you can save for soups.
- Sprinkle the inside of the zucchini with salt and brush the outside with olive oil.
- Fill the zucchini with the bulgur mixture and sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan to taste.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.