Bulgur Wheat MuffinsMarmita
Using cooked grains to make muffins, instead of relying on all-purpose or other types of flour, is an excellent way to improve their nutritional profile and also to give the muffins an interesting texture. And if you happen to have some leftover cooked bulgur in the refrigerator, here's a great way to use it. Chorizo, onion, carrot, parmesan, and mustard seeds lend these muffins satisfying savory flavors, making them a perfect nibble for enjoying with cocktails.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (cooked)
- 1/2 onions (minced)
- 1 carrots (grated)
- 6 slices chorizo (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs (organic)
- mustard seeds
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine the minced onion, grated carrot, diced chorizo, chopped coriander, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, flour, and eggs and mix very well.
- 3Season everything with salt, pepper, and ground mustard seeds. Add the cooked bulgur wheat (previously cooked with water and salt). Pour the mixture into the greased wells of a muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.