- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bulgur
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 red cabbage (small, trimmed, finely sliced)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 green onions (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 1 papaya (peeled, deseeded and diced)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 sprigs mint (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 chicken breast (about 5 oz each)
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan and sauté the bulgur for 3 mins. Pour in stock, season with ground cloves, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins. Transfer to a shallow dish and let cool. Meanwhile, toast cashews in a pan for 4 mins, until golden and fragrant.
- To make the slaw, put cabbage in a bowl and season with salt, sugar, pepper and cumin, then toss with the vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Add green onions, papaya and cashews and toss to combine.
- To make the yogurt dip, place yogurt in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Garnish with mint. Put egg and flour in separate shallow dishes. Dredge chicken breast one after the other in flour, egg and the cooled bulgur wheat.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 mins on each side. Cut chicken into slices and serve with the salad and yogurt.
|Calories850Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.