Buffalo wings, a classic American favorite. These tender chicken wings are covered in a unique buffalo sauce that combines sweet, spicy, and savory flavors for homemade buffalo wings that will put your local bar's wings to shame! Baked, not fried, these buffalo chicken wings remain perfectly tender without the additional fat from frying. For additional spice, increase the amount of hot sauce added to the buffalo sauce. For those looking for a milder taste, you can leave out the hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Combine the soy sauce, brandy, rice wine vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, and the crushed star anise. Whisk until well combined and bring the contents to a boil, then add in the cornstarch and water mixture and stir until well blended. Reduce heat to low and allow the contents to simmer for 1-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and brush the wings with the sauce until they are all covered. Place the parchment-lined baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the wings are golden and crisp.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories770Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.