- 4 bell peppers (seeds and cores removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (preferably Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 cups shredded gouda
- ranch dressing (for drizzling)
- 2 tablespoons chives (freshly chopped)
- rice (Can be with)
- Preheat oven to 200°. Place bell peppers cut side-up on a large baking sheet and drizzle all over with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add shredded chicken and hot sauce and toss until combined. Cook until the mixture comes to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture between pepper halves. Top each with gouda and bake until cheese is melted and peppers are crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle each stuffed pepper with ranch and sprinkle with chives.