Just like spicy wings, only in meatball form! Equally as flavorful but far less messy to eat, these buffalo chicken meatballs are a great party appetizer.
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup hot Buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Original Red Hot)
- crumbled blue cheese (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely mince the celery.
- Place the chicken, egg yolks, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, celery, salt and pepper, to taste in a large mixing bowl. Using clean hands, work the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls about 1” in diameter, or 1.5 oz. each, and place on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whisk together the melted butter and buffalo sauce in a large mixing bowl until combined. Transfer the meatballs to the bowl, and toss until they are evenly coated in the sauce. Return the meatballs to the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 2 minutes longer, until heated through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Top the meatballs with crumbled blue cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.