These spicy buffalo wings will come out of your oven satisfyingly crisp!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Original Red Hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Sprinkle in the salt and baking powder. Seal the bag and shake until the wings are evenly coated in baking powder.
- Drizzle the canola oil into the bag of chicken wings. Seal the bag and shake once more to lightly coat the chicken wings in oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings onto the foil-covered roasting rack.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Place the melted butter, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer the chicken wings in the mixing bowl. Toss until the wings are evenly coated in sauce.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1180Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cici 19 days ago
Delicious! Very simple recipe to follow.
Tali 21 days ago
SO DELICIOUS and very easy recipe!! I didn’t have the hot sauce so I replaced it with peri-peri sauce. So good! Will make it the same way next time. At 45 mins, I flipped the wings and put them back in for 5 minutes. Next time I’ll probably cook one side for 45 mins and the other for 10 minutes. For a total of 55 minutes. For the side, I baked chickpeas (recipe from this site) to make them crispy with seasoning and I cooked quinoa using chicken stock for flavour.
Aaliyah Lenear 10 Oct
Excellent turned out great will definitely make it again !!!
Sawatzki 25 Sep
not greasy! the flavor was prefect , but i just made them and let the kids dip whatever sauce, due to the recipe not being complete.
Mdlalose 19 Sep
Good will. Make it again mmmmmmm
Darrell A. 18 Sep
crispy, flavorful, not greasy
Megan Hendrickse 16 Sep
maybe I put too much baking powder without realizing because it waz a bit powdery
Vicki 22 Aug
Apparently rhe lady who stated there is no instruction as ti 2hwn to add the swuce cannot read! These are great and the recipe is complete.