- 1 sweet potato (large, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 red onion (large, diced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove (small, minced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons SunButter (any smooth variety)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- roasted sunflower seeds (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Spread sweet potatoes and red onions onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Season chicken all over with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet to plate and let rest for 10 minutes, then cut each breast into 1-inch pieces.
- To make dressing whisk together garlic, soy sauce, SunButter, honey, and lime juice until evenly combined. Whisk in sesame oil and 1 tablespoon olive oil until smooth.
- Put 1/2 cup rice in each bowl. Top with roasted sweet potatoes, chicken, baby spinach and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.