- 4 pounds pork sausage crumbles (fully cooked)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano (dried)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 2 pounds buttermilk biscuit dough (in tubes)
- 2 quarts pizza sauce
- 2 pounds cheddar cheese low fat (shredded)
- 2 pounds mozzarella cheese low fat (shredded)
- 12 ounces black olives (sliced)
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 cups green bell peppers (chopped)
- Sauté pork and spices in a large fry pan or tilting fry pan, distributing the seasoning throughout the crumbles to blend flavors.
- Cut each biscuit into four even pieces.
- Place pieces randomly in the bottom of a steam table pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle seasoned sausage crumbles evenly over the biscuits.
- Top with pizza sauce, spreading the sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle ½ of the cheese evenly over the mixture.
- Top with olives.*
- Place into a convection oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.
- Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 170 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.