- 2 pounds pork country ribs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 red onion (medium, sliced)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (medium, sliced with seeds)
- 24 ounces Pale Ale
- Coat pork evenly with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Place pork in slow cooker with onions and jalapeno. Pour beer over all and cook on high setting 5 hours, until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. 10 minutes before the pork is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork and place on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with additional garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes or until outside of pork is lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Makes 2 cups shredded meat total.
- Serves 4; 1/2 cup per serving.