Bruschetta with Cream Cheese, Arugula, Tomato, Pepper and AnchoviesO Meu Tempero
Brushcetta can be topped with practically anything so long as it all adds up to a tasty experience, though sticking with Italian flavors tends to be the wisest course. As here, for example, where cream cheese (or mascarpone, for a more authentic option), arugula, tomato, bell pepper, and anchovies rule the day, along with a sprinkling of fresh or dried oregano and a drizzle of your best extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 slices bread (rustic or homemade)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow peppers (cut into strips)
- 6 anchovies
- 1 garlic
- olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- 2Brush the bread slices with olive oil on both sides, and bake until well browned.
- 3Rub the bread with garlic while still hot.
- 4Spread the cream cheese on the bread, top with arugula, tomato slices, and sprinkle with oregano.
- 5Then top with roasted yellow pepper strips, and anchovies.
- 6Drizzle with olive oil.