- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 2 cups plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup italian blend cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic freezer bag, one at a time.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to an even thickness of about 3/4-inch.
- Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour half of the marinade over the chicken, reseal bag, and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes. (Chicken and marinade can be prepared ahead; covered and refrigerated overnight.)
- Preheat grill to medium heat or about 350°F.
- Combine remaining marinade with diced tomatoes and red onion; set aside.
- Transfer chicken from marinade onto grill surface and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Spoon bruschetta mixture over chicken and top with basil; serve immediately.