Brunswick StewEL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
Brunswick Stew is a traditional dish of the American South. Make your own version of this hearty stew at home with this recipe for Brunswick Stew. Made with a blend of rabbit, chicken, and pancetta, this savory meat stew also includes a host of vegetables such as celery, carrots, onion, tomatoes and corn. Potatoes lend their soft texture and flavor to this stew that is seasoned with bay leaf, lime, and just a dash of hot sauce.
- 114 grams pancetta (cut into large dice)
- vegetable oil
- 2 chili peppers
- 0.5 kilograms rabbit (in pieces)
- 1.5 kilograms chicken (skinless)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- chicken broth (2 lt.)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 kg potatoes (in large pieces)
- 2 carrots (large, sliced)
- 2 onions (in wedges)
- 400 grams navy beans (cooked)
- 200 grams corn kernels
- 1 kg tomatoes (peeled, canned tomatoes may be used)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 limes
- hot sauce
- In a very large saucepan, fry the pancetta with two drops of vegetable oil on medium heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the oil from the pancetta, saute the chili peppers. Remove and set aside.
- Season the rabbit and chicken pieces with salt and saute in the same saucepan. Remove and set aside.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes