Fudgey and rich with chocolate flavor, this recipe standby features classic, nut-studded dark chocolate brownies that are baked to chewy perfection. Once they're removed from the oven and allowed to cool, a quick, easy icing made from melted dark chocolate, beaten egg, sugar and vanilla is spread on top. Alternately, you can skip the icing and sprinkle powdered sugar on top instead. Either way, hold back some nuts for garnish.
- 220 grams butter
- 4 squares dark chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Place the sugar, eggs, and salt in the mixer bowl and combine until well incorporated. Add the melted butter, chocolate mixture, flour, and vanilla extract and combine on low speed. Last, add the nuts, setting some aside for the garnish, and combine.
- Pour the batter in a buttered and floured rectangular baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, let cool and cut them into squares.
- Melt the chocolate with the hot water over a double boiler, add the butter and let the mixture cool.
- Add the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir well to incorporate.
- Spread the icing over the brownies and sprinkle with the nuts set aside earlier.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1460Calories from Fat640|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat640|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.