Muffin style chocolate winter brownies are a must have on a cold snowy day. Light and porous chocolate batter are filled with crunchy walnuts that add texture, and smooth savory flavors. Sharp dark chocolate’s vivid color and flavor is intensified by the spicy and warming components of the cinnamon spice. ½ teaspoon of cinnamon is all that’s needed to amplify the Winter smells and tastes of these brownies. Unlike most brownies, this batter expands and needs to be baked in a mold (a muffin tin is suggested, but any mold will do).
- 150 grams butter
- 130 grams sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams flour
- 100 grams walnuts (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat.
- Pour the butter into a bowl, add sugar, and mix well with a wooden spoon. Let cool.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler.
- Add 2 eggs into the butter-sugar mixture, pour this mixture in a bowl with 25 grams of flour, and mix well.
- Add the other 2 eggs and the rest of the flour and mix until the dough is smooth and without lumps.
- Pour the chocolate into the batter and mix again.
- Add the walnuts and cinnamon to the batter.
- Mix again.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan or muffin molds.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.