Muffin style chocolate winter brownies are a must have on a cold snowy day. Light and porous chocolate batter are filled with crunchy walnuts that add texture, and smooth savory flavors. Sharp dark chocolate’s vivid color and flavor is intensified by the spicy and warming components of the cinnamon spice. ½ teaspoon of cinnamon is all that’s needed to amplify the Winter smells and tastes of these brownies. Unlike most brownies, this batter expands and needs to be baked in a mold (a muffin tin is suggested, but any mold will do).
- 150 grams butter
- 130 grams sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams flour
- 100 grams walnuts (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat the oven to 300F.
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat.
- 3Pour the butter into a bowl, add sugar, and mix well with a wooden spoon. Let cool.
- 4Break the dark chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler.
- 5Add 2 eggs into the butter-sugar mixture, pour this mixture in a bowl with 25 grams of flour, and mix well.
- 6Add the other 2 eggs and the rest of the flour and mix until the dough is smooth and without lumps.
- 7Pour the chocolate into the batter and mix again.
- 8Add the walnuts and cinnamon to the batter.
- 9Mix again.
- 10Pour into a greased and floured pan or muffin molds.
- 11Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.