- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, 8 oz, 225 g)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (large, lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (bitter-sweet)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (Quick oats are okay, but not steel cut, not instant)
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Magestro 13 Jul
This is a keeper! The butter was a bit warm when I added to the sugar so it got a little melty. Only added 1T water because it was a little runny but put in fridge to firm up before baking. Turned out wonderful with almost a camely taste. Great recipe!
Aeron M. 22 Apr
The brown butter gives these cookies a unique and wonderful flavor! I will be using this recipe again!
Rebecca C. 15 Apr
Amazing! Few more steps..brown butter...but the flavor and texture really good . I will make them again
Kayla B. 1 Apr 2017
Excellent recipe! These are very filling cookies. I made the whole batch as written and froze them in individual cookies that I could bake later. This helped keep me from eating too many in one sitting! Haha.
grazyna c. 24 Jun 2016
Great! Perfect texture,chewy with substance. I always cut back on the sugar which makes it perfect! Makes a rather large batch of generous but not giant cookies.
Denise R. 15 Apr 2016
So, so good! Browning the butter is a pain, considering your making cookies, but it wow's the flavor. Highly recommend!