- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, 8 oz, 225 g)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (large, lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (bitter-sweet)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (Quick oats are okay, but not steel cut, not instant)
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Holly Valentine 23 days ago
Yummo! Easy to follow AND delicious!
Magestro 13 Jul
This is a keeper! The butter was a bit warm when I added to the sugar so it got a little melty. Only added 1T water because it was a little runny but put in fridge to firm up before baking. Turned out wonderful with almost a camely taste. Great recipe!
Aeron M. 22 Apr
The brown butter gives these cookies a unique and wonderful flavor! I will be using this recipe again!
Rebecca Coffelt 15 Apr
Amazing! Few more steps..brown butter...but the flavor and texture really good . I will make them again
Kayla B. 1 Apr 2017
Excellent recipe! These are very filling cookies. I made the whole batch as written and froze them in individual cookies that I could bake later. This helped keep me from eating too many in one sitting! Haha.
grazyna c. 24 Jun 2016
Great! Perfect texture,chewy with substance. I always cut back on the sugar which makes it perfect! Makes a rather large batch of generous but not giant cookies.
Denise R. 15 Apr 2016
So, so good! Browning the butter is a pain, considering your making cookies, but it wow's the flavor. Highly recommend!