Brown Sugar CookiesYummly
Thick and chewy sugar cookies made with brown sugar for deep caramel flavor.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- 3Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir vigorously until a soft dough forms.
- 4Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- 5Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 6When the dough has thoroughly chilled, remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- 7Form the dough into 20 balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- 8Transfer the sheets to the preheated oven. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges, and puffy on top.
- 9Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.