With a stick-sweet spiced brown sugar coating, guests won't be able to resist this delicious ham at your holiday table.
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1/2 orange
- 16 1/2 pounds spiral-sliced bone-in ham
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it. Place the ham on the middle of the roasting rack.
- Place the brown sugar, melted butter, spices, and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until combined into a thick paste.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the brown sugar mixture in an even layer over the surface of the ham.
- Transfer the ham to the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the ham for 2-2.5 hours, or about 15 minutes per pound of ham, until the brown sugar has caramelized and the ham is heated through.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Allow the ham to cool on the roasting rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board. Carve and serve. Leftover ham may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.